Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 PM
oldtnquiltinglady

I am like many of you here in this post; I can remember my grannie making quilts and showing me how to make one by handing me a piece of paper in the size or shape that she wanted and letting me cut it out with a pair of scissors (be assured they were not her "good" ones) then showing me how to piece them together; on the sewing machine. She had a Singer treadle and I knew how to use it by the time I was 10 years old. Such a memory trip here.

Then, sometime after the year 2000, one of my sisters urged me to take a quilting class with her. What a revelation (an expensive one though because of everything you had to buy to do all those wonderful things). We made a Winning Hand Quilt. I was amazed at the way those squares and strips could be moved around to make such a pretty picture. And, can you believe it, I cannot for the life of me, remember where that quilt is now. I am sure I gave it to someone I love, but I cannot remember at all. I have one quilt for myself that I have made and kept; it is on my bed and gets washed every other week or so because I have a cat who sleeps with me and the quilt has a lot of white in it.