View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
GEMRM

Originally Posted by xsquilter View Post
This is a timely conversation for me. I've been looking at the Janome 1600p. I darn near bought it last weekend at the Quilt Canada show. The vendor is located in my city so I can easily go there to purchase. I was hesitant because that's just my "style". I rarely jump into purchases like this! Drives Hubs batty. Anyway, it sounds like it's a good machine & I can use it on my Grace frame.
If anyone can add anymore info, positive or negative, I'll be watching this thread. Thanks
Maureen
My previous set up was exactly what you mention- Janome 1600 P(QC) with the Grace frame (Little Gracie II). I purchased the Grace Company Sure Stitch Stitch Regulator afterwards - no regrets for either part of the purchase, but the small throat did become limiting. It was a great beginning set up and the 1600 is a workhorse - I took my off the frame to sew some canvas into a custom shape for an all season cover for a boat.
I did upgrade to a more computerized and larger throat machine so that's why I sold it.
The dealer you mention if it's the one on Ottawa Street has a great reputation. I go there for lots of stuff.
PS - Wasn't Quilt Canada awesome?

Last edited by GEMRM; 06-23-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: additional comment added