View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 05:07 AM
DebbE

My stash is a combination from 40 years - from grandmother, mother in law, lots of yard sales & Goodwill finds, and tons of fabrics I bought years ago when I was all over the place meeting clients (so lots of quilt shop visits) and I was making lots of money. I have been cutting up my scraps into standard sizes for the better part of 2 years now (in between quilting, etc). I have a wonderful selection now of 'pre cuts' that I 'shop' from when I'm going to make a quilt. Scrappy quilts are my absolute favorites, and its wonderful being able to just pull fabrics together for my project and just go. Once done, my scrappy quilts have fabrics from the 40's all the way through today (because of course I still buy new when I find something I can't live without). It makes for a interesting quilt. I have all my yardage sorted by color, Christmas, metallic, baby & children, Australian, batik, "All Creatures Great & Small" where I have animals, birds, fish, etc, and misc. Makes it very easy to pull what I need from each section. Try making some scrappy quilts for a while, and I bet you start really enjoying the variety of fabrics you have.