View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats View Post
That's a lot of cutting....
Well, not really. She cut the 2,460 off-white squares (plus extras just because), plus the strips and rectangles that she needs, while I was out mowing the lawn (2 lots, front and back yards, about 2 hours because I ran out of gas and had to refuel), and she still had time to help me move things to get a good mowing job done, and then move them back. She even brought me cold beer when I needed one (only in the fenced-in backyard, away from traffic, of course).

You forget that there are tools now to do these kinds of things. She has a ruler that makes it possible to cut 336 1-inch squares at a time, and simply turn the cutting board one time. In the photos, there are 4 layers of off-white fabric. The ruler (shown to the left in the first photo) she used is from June Taylor called a “Shape Cut”, and it has slots on the 1/2 inch so that you can cut several times without moving the ruler. She used the 1” slots in this case. After the two cuts, she simply placed the 1" squares into a basket for future use.

Tricky, huh? But, she’ll still have to cut the print fabrics individually......and you guys thought this was going to be hard.....

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails 20140629_99_bottles_01.jpg   20140629_99_bottles_02.jpg  

Last edited by ThayerRags; 06-29-2014 at 02:28 PM.