View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 AM
sdeaaz

Funny, I was thinking of stopping my Fon's and Porter magazine. I think they have way too much scrappy for me. Also seems like they are repeating patterns for older magazines, just with different fabrics. I may be burned out on seeing the same magazine for so many years. It is nice to have a change. I love Jenny's tutorials... always say I want to try this one or that one. The magazine gives me a reference. I haven't received my 3 issue... hope it is in the mail today.

Originally Posted by nancysp View Post
Maybe I missed it but haven't seen any comments on the third magazine yet. It's still a beautiful publication but I'm not sure I will keep my subscription. I initially loved the idea of no ads. In fact, my initial thought was to let my other quilt magazine subscriptions lapse. Now I realize that I get as much out of the ads as I do out of the rest of the magazine . . . new fabrics, new thread, new machines. More like a wish book. I also think the quilt patterns are pretty basic, beginner level and I like to dream about challenging myself to do bigger and better things.

There's one pattern in the new magazine that intrigued me. I read through the instructions and didn't find them very clear. I'm sure I can find an online tutorial to help, but I realized that when I read through instructions in my Fons and Porter magazine, I get a much clearer picture of the skill level and time involved. Really, I would say the block magazine is mostly a "pattern book" to go along with the tutorials. I appreciate that because it gives measurements, etc and you have a book to refer to, but there really isn't anything new. I love MSQC and order often from them, perhaps this particular magazine just isn't for me.

Curious what others think.