View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 PM
slowquilts

Default In addition

Originally Posted by slowquilts View Post
I have an old Pfaff1222 that I LOVE. I've sewn on it for years. Just recently it seems to prefer to have it's handwheel turned in reverse when I'm trying to lift threads or end my sewing. I've oiled it everywhere I can think to oil. I did some sewing, worked great and now it's doing it again. What am I missing??
I have completely dismantled the machine, well, almost totally. It ran loose for a little while but when I screwed the outer covering back in, it got stiffer again. The machine has a hard time running slowly because it's stiff. It can go fast and it no longer "chirps" when going fast. I went all through the bobbin assembly, everything moving that I could reach from the top and the right side and from underneath. I am totally stumped. The first time it did this it was loose when I held the machine upside down. I flipped the reverse switch a few times while oiling it and it became loose all the time. Now, it's just stiff to turn the handwheel forward, then it slips loose through part of the rotation. ARGH