View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Blue Bell

Originally Posted by Linda - K.
Granada,
I love the Buckland Hills Mall also. That new Evergreen Walk (I think that's what it's called) is nice also. I usually stay in E. Windsor when I'm there. A friend retired from WA to Enfield, CT about 10 years ago and I like Enfield also. As another one said, I love the Christmas Tree shop in Manchester. I love the closeness of other states. One weekend when my sister lived there her and her husband traveled to 4 states in one weekend and she was so excited to tell her coworkers. They couldn't understand why she was so excited about that. Here in WA where I live (60 mi north of Seattle) we are 5-1/2 hrs from Idaho and 4 hrs from OR so that's where she was coming from.
My daughter loves to ride her bicycle. In June, there is a 150 mile bike ride to raise money for the MS Foundation. They start in RI, ride into CT, then to MA and at 75 miles, they have a sleep over in Ware, MA. In the morning they ride to VT and then into NH. We would pick her up in New Hampshire, 150 miles, 5 states.
Over the years, they have changed the route and I believe that they only do a 150 mile loop in RI.
RI is such a small state that you can drive from one end to the other in less than an hour.