Old 07-10-2014, 05:57 AM
NikkiLu

Don't know if they still do this or not. But, many years ago I was given some already old feather pillows by an old family member. An ad in our local paper was from an outfit that would clean your feather pillows and put on new pillow ticks. I brought in about 6 pillows and it was an old school bus parked next to a dry cleaner's building. It was a man and his wife - they traveled around the country doing this. They had a machine in the bus that took the feathers out of the pillow and cleaned them through a wire/fan thingy and then "blew" the feathers back into new ticks. No water was involved. Seems like they charged about $10 per pillow and I had the "deluxe" flowered covers put on - instead of the standard blue striped ticks. I picked them up a few days later at the cleaners, all put in the plastic cleaner's bags. I think that out of the 6 pillows that I brought in, I went home with 5 as some feathers had deteriated I have not seen any ad where they ever came back to our town. I think that they were retired people just traveling around the country. You might call your local cleaners and ask them if that service is available near you.