View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 AM
quiltmouse

Hi! I'm new to this thread.

165 completed UFO/WIP/PIGs! Amazing

So many beautiful, cute, gorgeous, FINISHED projects!

I can't join. Not because I don't have pigs/etc, I do. My oldest is 41. sigh. But, I moved house in September & most non essentials are still buried in the basement o doom.

I have got the quilting bug this year, and have dug around in various boxes & dragged bits & pieces upstairs. I have two baby quilt tops made. Don't count as UFO/pigs...as I made them in 2014. A couple of weeks ago, I cut out some uglies/low quality fabrics. Made a 36x36 carpenter star. Supposed to be the "easy one", but me, yes, I made it harder. I wanted one of the dark fabrics to be a floral stripe, so didn't want the floral triangles pieced, so made those crazy trapezoids, two HSTs attached opposite, and corner pieced on the other two colors. The plan was, it sort of matched my living room, and it was going to be a dog throw for the floor. I made it for a tester to practice my very first FMQ. But it turned out too cute for dog-use and I'm not really sure what I will do with it. I'm in middle of making yet another tester from uglies/low quality fabric to practice FMQ before I start FMQ-ing the two baby quilts. Yet a third baby quilt (all babies have been born) is in planning stage. I plan to make a carpenter's star, but again, I have to make it harder, as I will fussy cut the "white/light" units out of an adorable bright crayon animals on white fabric. Lions tigers & bears, Oh! My!

Anyway, I've skim/read all pages. I read there's a sister thread for talking. I expect this comment goes there... but I haven't found or read that thread yet.

soooo... okay if I join this thread, even tho I haven't dug out or counted up UFOs, yet?

LOL about the giraffes, I saw keys first, too! but they were just too adorable!