Old 07-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Ariannaquilts

Default How does one clean a really bad smelling machine???

Hi all, I'm back with a new dilemma I have been wanting a 401A for quite some time and came upon one a couple of days ago so of course had to get it. Problem #1 she is very dirty inside and out (although I must say she really hums quite nicely). Problem #2 I hate to say this but it came from the smelliest house I have ever been in in my entire life, and therefore it smells so badly. Problem #3 it is extremely musty smelling as well. So to all my experts here please tell me how to remedy these problems. I will not post a picture of her until she is presentable, so you will just have to wait . I am so excited to get her cleaned up and ready to stitch away, but more importantly I really need this smell gone. She also came with quite a few goodies, some extras that I didn't already have and am happy that the extra or shall I say the second needle plate is there as well as the original manual. I would appreciate specific information since this is not something I have ever had to deal with, my other machines have just needed oiling, internal cleaning and lube and of course we won't even discuss the drama with my beautiful 301, because that was just nightmarish although am kind of glad I went through it. Hopefully that will help me to some degree with this one . Thanks in advance for any and all help you give.