Old 07-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Ariannaquilts

Well I don't have the Simple Green but do have the Oxiclean so will try that also don't have the denatured alcohol only have 91% and regular. This machine did come in a cabinet but I opted not to take that because it was in really bad shape, originally I thought I could refurbish it but when I saw it up close and personal I saw that it was like a laminate and was peeling. Had it been made from real wood definitely would have taken it even though don't have space for one, I just really liked the shape of it it was sort of rounded where you would open the door to the drawers, it also had a small draw on the top left that you couldn't even tell was there. I took it out of the cabinet and surprisingly the foot controller and the cord are intact no fraying wires or anything. Just this horrific smell, everytime I go near it I feel like I can't breathe it's just so musty. I think I will let it air out a few more days, get as many hints as I can from you all and then attempt to work with it. I did just find out that one of the spool pins on the top (right) is broken off when I noticed that there was a cam stuck on it. I read on some blog to use a small drill bit and put a hole in it until it disintegrates but would rather not risk doing anything to destroy the machine.
Joe this machine is a 1956 401A aren't they all the two-tone or do they also come in the black?? I have never seen any but this color in this machine but I learn things from everyone here all the time.
Christy can I use any kind of felt, like craft felt or am I misunderstanding? Also do I change all the felt the drip pan and the spool pin felt or just the drip pan?