View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 AM
wpbmommy1

Default Pinwheel quilt for my goddaughter

Hi everyone! I'd like to share my pinwheel quilt that I made for my goddaughter. I didn't use a specific pattern, I just made pinwheels using the half square triangle method, four across and five down.
Fabric (front):Windham Fabrics Socky Collection layer cake + extra white yardage to break up the prints.
Fabric (back):A flat bed sheet that I had.
Quotes on back: Sharpie markers and fabric markers
Binding: black yardage
Label: white yardage with some interfacing behind it
Notes: This was the first time Stippling on my Baby Lock and except for the most obvious error (see back), I think it came out pretty good. I decided against trying to fix it should I make it worse.

So I made this for my goddaughter and I included it along with a ton of gifts (see pic) for her. She's five. I expected her to dive into the toys and fun stuff but I was hurt because her mom didn't even say anything about the quilt. On the back I carefully chose and wrote quotes for them, some of them including the origin of my goddaughter's name and a message from me to her. My mom is the same way, she could care less about quilts and thinks I'm wasting time and money when I work on them. Anyway, sorry, rant over. Please enjoy the quilt pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483219[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483220[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   back2.jpg   label.jpg   fun.jpg   back.jpg