View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Rodney

Default I Have Angered The Wife.

Well, I was a bad boy today. I took the daughter to the local thrift stores, never a good idea for me. The wife isn't terribly pleased with me (with good reason, I have enough machines and really no room for more). It could be worse, she's actually very supportive of me but I do sometimes let my hobbies get out of hand.
I came home with a Japanese made White zigzag machine today for $5.00. The machine and cabinet both need work, in fact I'm considering putting the machine in a case and getting rid of the cabinet. The machine itself is jammed. I can turn the wheel but the needle doesn't want to move. It's not in free motion mode either so there's definitely something wrong there. The handwheel is plastic and cracked in a few places plus it's missing the cover for the bobbin area. Well what did I expect for five bucks? Perfection? On the plus side it's a nice white and blue two tone with neat controls and the bobbin case is present. I think it'll be a fun machine to mess with. It'll be a while before I get to it though, I've got a quilt to finish and a couple other machines to restore before I can start on this one.
Pictures tomorrow when I get it unloaded. I'm also hoping to pick up another machine tomorrow. More on that after I have it home.
Rodney