View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:41 AM
soman2

Default Pink Lady ready for the prom.

Hello all,

Well the Singer Merritt 2404 freebie is up and running after a number of years in storage. It's an interesting machine. It was made in Brazil in the mid 80's and has a .1 amp motor that has an on/off switch on the end of the motor. I had to replace the bobbin winder tire. The motor controller is hardwired in, but it has a 4 prong receptacle that is used for ???. The innards were in good shape and it seems that someone did some tinkering around. The tension especially the bobbin were way out of whack and the balance wheel washer was in backwards. There is a micro setting on the stitch length that goes from "0" to "-1" on the dial and as I found out while playing around with it, it is used in conjunction with the flat fashion disc to do all the fancy stitch work. I think I will make a small table runner to see how she does on a small project. With the .1 amp motor she should handle most task just short of the heavy stuff. There are a few pictures for your enjoyment. I hope the picture with some of the stitches shows up well. Chow for now.

Rodney in Ponchatoula,La.
Attached Thumbnails img_7214.jpg   img_7215.jpg   img_7217.jpg   img_7221.jpg