Old 07-25-2014, 10:00 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Hi Tammi - here is the pic of the bobbin case that was in the 301 shown above. It would be great to know what it fits. This bobbin was in the case, but not sure if it is the correct one either.

I've been using all the tips and tools that you taught us at the workshop on my machines. It is so nice to be able to do my own maintenance (other than the computerized stuff that I take in to the shop). My babies are purring now when I use them.
I was so happy to provide this 301 with a new home I could hardly sleep last night.
Mike is right, it's for a class 15 machine. It also would be for a lot of the clones or branded machines. It's -not- for a 15-90 or a 15-91, they have the finger going in the 11 o'clock position. Depending on the width of the slot for the needle, it could be for a straight stitch machine, or a zig zag. If the bobbin fits inside that case, it's probably a class 15 bobbin. They're by far the most common vintage bobbin I com across.

I'm so glad to hear that you're making use of what we went over in class. A 301 is an exciting machine to come across, and for such a good deal too! They're excellent FMQ machines. My favorite in fact.