View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 07:42 AM
mckwilter

I was diagnosed with CTS in 1997, but with ergonomic aids, I had been able to put the surgery off for 7 years. I had talked with several people who had surgery and all of them said get it done as quickly as possible. So I did. I had the surgery done on both hands back in April and May of 2004. I was amazed after the pain of the incision went away that the CTS pain and numbness were gone. I agree with llong; get it fixed fast.

Also, in 2004, when I talked to the hand surgeon about CTS surgery and he did my tests, he diagnosed that I also have cubital tunnel syndrome, which is the same as CTS, but the "tunnel" is in the elbow. Once again, using ergonomic principles and aids, I am happy to say that I don't have pain or numbness, yet. As soon that happens, I will be the first in line for surgery.

Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
Why do you live with bad carpal tunnel pain? The surgery to fix it is fast, easy and, for me anyway, painless. I encourage you to look into it having it repaired. You may not be aware, but at some point it will be beyond repair and could cause very serious problems in the future.