View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 03:38 AM
vburr

Default Long arm research

Thanks for the valuable info. I think i need to do alot more research.

UOTE=Tashana;6819566]I was in a similar position in which you are today. In the end, I did not get the computerized machine due to its cost and the fact that I love free motion quilting, BUT here are some thoughts I had that may help you decide
1. I was dead set on HQ Avante with the pro stitcher. Then, I thought about the tablet being attached to the machine and it constantly moving. How long would it last?
2. I visited Farmhouse Quilts on Long Island and looked into their quilting room. They have two Gammil Statler Stitchers working at the same time. The owner loved her first so much, that she ordered the second one. Quilting for others is their bread and butter. The computer is attached to the machine, but it does not move with it, which in my opinion is way better.
I have a non-computerized HQ Avante. If I were to have money, or decide to go into business quilting for others, I would probably go for the Gammil Statler Stitcher. It is quite a bit of money more than others, but the IT logistics behind it makes more sense to me. I had the opportunity to really play with it at AQS Lancaster show, and although I prefer HQ for free motion, because it glides like a charm, i would have still opted for Gammil if I were looking for a machine that is exclusively going to be used for computer guided quilting. Again, this is just my personal preference. The decision is yours. I would go to Gammil booth at a show and ask them why they think they are better than the HQ. Then I would go to the HQ booth and do the same. Whatever you choose, try to get a floor model from a show like MQX, or a classroom model. They are practically brand new, but they come at a great discount. I got mine as a classroom model from the MQX, paid no tax, no shipping, and got a great discount, thanks to my savvy local dealer. Good luck!!!![/QUOTE]