View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Constance

Hello,
I have two really, I like to work on them too. Anyway, my black one is USA made and has the lubricant holes for the motor, it runs like a champ and always has. My white one is British made and has no lubricant holes and the motor is running hot, even after just a couple of straight stitches.....anyone know what is going on with it? Also the wheel turns toward me very sluggish and slow, almost too hard, and this one has a different pedal than the other Featherweights, it has a pedal that even pushing both feet it is struggling. It used to run great. I don't know what's going on with it, and I can usually fix these myself, but the white ones that are British made have wired in motors as in not with a plug in.....if I am making sense here. Anyway, you can reach me here or at [email protected] and if you live in Las Vegas, NV please let me know of someone who might be able to look at this, I'm petrified to just take it in somewhere, because I am VERY cautious as to who works on them besides myself. I completely rebuilt an old 1926 66 machine, and a 99 one as well, and I worked on a 301A and got it back up to tip top shape, so this one really has me stumped.
Thanks for any input.
Connie