Old 12-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Constance

Originally Posted by deedum
I would keep your machine (you will be sorry if you don't, speaking from experience) also, 125-160 isn't a lot of money today! that machine will outlast many, So go for it and enjoy it!
My hubby and I have a deal, I stay out of his garage and he stays out of my sewing room :roll:

I have a 1951 singer in cabinet
a Janome 9500
a Janome Platinum
a Singer serger almost on it last leg, (dh said he would buy me a new one for Christmas if I want) not sure if I am ready to give up on this one

Future plans: a 301 Singer and a little featherweight just because they are adorableand a real work horse. And last but not least, another treadle, oh gosh I sold mine when we moved and so sorry!
what is dh? I keep seeing that? I love my featherweights and I love my 301. The 301A too, they are just as good a work horse as the 401, and so on, I think the metal construction is just plain solid. You can't beat good old American engineering and dexterity. I just finished a 1926 Singer 66 that had been adapted with a motor and pedal and it is a solid champ, a while back I completely refurbished a 1951 Singer 99 also a solid champ. You guys should see my living and dining room. Well we never go in there, not really, unless a rare occasion for company which isn't that often, so I use those two rooms to work in. What can I say....talk about addictions...I LOVE working on these machines as well as working WITH them.
Conz