Thread: Bindings
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 AM
dee1245

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
So far in my quilting career I have only made 13 quilts and on every one of them I have put the binding on backwards by folding it to the front rather than the back. Until today I was so please with each quilt and while knowing they weren't perfect I knew I had done the very best job I could. However, it was a real downer this afternoon when reading an article about binding quilts I discovered that all of my my quilts had a major mistake. All but one of these quilts have been gifted. I still have #13 with the backwards binding completed.
Since I hand sew my bindings using a blind stitch should I take the binding for #13 out and correct my mistake or
just look the other way and do things right on future quilts? As an FYI, #13 is a queen size quilt.

I just finished my first full size quilt. I originally machine sewed the binding to the quilt to the back, then turned to the front and topstitched, but I was not pleased with the outcome. I then removed the topstitching and completed the binding by hand stitching. It is finished on the topside of the quilt and looks fine. The binding is much neater than previously done.