View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 AM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by redrummy
Originally Posted by pal
How come people don't use cloth napkins? And what are they
wiping their hands and mouths on? They use them in restaurants - why don't they use them at a sit down dinner
at someone's home? I checked the tablecloth, they didn't
use that as a napkin. Their sleeves? I didn't check their sleeves.
I took 14 cloth napkins out of their holders and re-washed them this morning. #15 was used - it was mine. I don't get it.
I had that problem here, till I wrap the silverware with the napkin, they have to unwrap it to use it, and I tell them, they are meant to be used.
This topic made me laugh as the same thing has happened at my house. We use terry cloth homemade napkins everyday, same as my Mom taught me to do. She's been a recycler from way back. Some of the ones I made 20 yrs. ago, finally got so threadbare, I threw them out a couple months ago. They were even too thin to go in the "ragbag". I do have more terry in a box, somewhere, to make more. I make my own double fold bias tape to sew on the edges. If I use a print that gives a solid color terry some bling, plus you can use different prints for different people and then they don't get mixed up. Sometimes napkins that match a tablecloth aren't very absorbant if they have too much polyester in them - maybe that's why people tend to not use them? Even if that's true, I still blot my mouth with them, since that is their purpose!