View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Patterns by Annie

Hi! I enjoyed reading everyone's posts about Texture Magic. It really is a fun product to play with. I've been working with it for over a year now and continue to be amazed at all the fun effectsyou can get with it.

I like to use a product called headliner foam when I make bags. It's 1/8" thick foam with a tricot lining on one side. It makes the bag very lightweight but stable -- much nicer than batting.

I usually don't add batting to the fabric sandwich when I'm texturizing fabric as it adds more weight and loft. I like the look that I get when I stitch a grid with lines about 3/4" apart using a serpentine stitch. That stitch makes the grid disappear!

For the Serenity bag (which was pictured on the earlier post), I did include a layer of wool batting because I wanted a LOT of puff. I used headliner foam for the rest of the bag so that I could get by with no quilting (something that I couldn't achieve with a cotton batting). That really makes the texture on the bag's flap show up even more.

Serenity Shoulder Bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61738[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61733.jpe  

Last edited by patricej; 02-03-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: removed prohibited advertising