View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 PM
MFord

Default New Featherweight!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]488378[/ATTACH]Hi! This is my newest acquisition - a tan Featherweight! It was given to me by a friend. I spent about 4 hours cleaning, oiling, removing thread from the bobbin area, forgetting to put the little bobbin finger into the slot, etc. It sounds good and is making beautiful stitches. I just have a couple of questions - is the handwheel supposed to turn easily? Mine is somewhat difficult to turn. I've oiled inside the handwheel and everywhere I possibly could in the upper area of the machine (also the lower). Wondered if I might need a new belt? Perhaps my belt is too tight? Any other possibilities??

Also - I know you are supposed to oil the machine regularly, but am not sure how often that is! Every day if I use it every day? Every time I use it if I only use it occasionally? Just want to know what people in the real world are doing.

Thanks so much - hoping to start some blocks soon - have to finish another quilt first!

Margaret F

PS - Drat! The picture is too big again! So sorry. I've been trying to figure out how to resize my photos - can't do it in Picasa (won't go small enough), downloaded what was probably an easy program for a computer programmer, but not for me...My daughter is going to help me.
Attached Thumbnails image00078.jpg  

Last edited by MFord; 08-19-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Oops!