View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:30 PM
crocee

Hey hot pink or purple would look great. The japan finish on this one isn't too bad but the decals are a nice shade of icky silver. New waterslides and a nice polish of the japan and it should look pretty good.

Its funny how things work out. A couple weeks ago I found a really nice cabinet for $20, it came with a Singer Merritt that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with. After a little research I found the machine originally sold with this cabinet was a Singer 66. I've been on the lookout for one but couldn't find one I could even reasonably afford. With all the stuff that went on last week and a few emails back and forth I mentioned I had a stuck up rust bucket that I'd been trying to free up for 6 months. I was asked for a few pictures of a few key locations, I happily supplied these. I figured the answer coming back was that it was a lost cause and its only redeeming quality was it was made of iron and would make a fantastic boat anchor or door stop. Well shortly thereafter the pictures came back with some instructions of what to do and how to do it. My stuck up rust bucket was not a lost cause and with a bit of work would be a great machine. At this point I couldn't even remember what the machine was so I looked it up. Low and behold my stuck up rust bucket is a 66 just like what came in the cabinet I fell in love with. When I get finished I'll have an original machine and cabinet in great shape for less than $50 total. That is including the supplies to make it right again. Things worked out and I didn't even know it.

Last edited by crocee; 09-04-2014 at 05:33 PM.