View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
The boxes that both of my two Vikings came in along with the website say made in Sweeden. I'll trust that. If you look at what you wrote Singer did not buy out Viking, just the opposite. You said VSM (who already owned Viking) bought out Singer then Viking bought out Singer. YOu said that Singer bought out Viking. It doesn't really matter. The machines are all great and we buy more from over seas than we realize. We can try as much as possible to buy all American made but with so many countries being able to make parts cheaper not all American made products are 100% American made. I actually have/have had 4 machines total that are Viking and can't say a bad word about any of them. I also have a 25yr old Singer that is great but would be leary about buying one today because of their reputation.
Well, that's not exactly what I said but you're right, in the grand scheme of things it's not what's important. We all have our favorite machines. I've never owned a Viking, my newest Singer is from 1955 and I did have a Pfaff 93 and hated it. I wouldn't buy a new Singer either.

Cari