Old 12-31-2009, 08:33 AM
zkosh

I have been quilting several years, but I still feel I am learning. My very dear friend who is an artist has watched this process and every time I show her something I am working on or have finished she says quietly something about wanting a quilt, too.

In November she had a birthday and I decided that I would make her a quilt. She likes very contemporary things and I thought it would be good to have her show me fabrics and styles that she would like and I would take it from there. My plan was to take her to lunch and then we could go to the quilt shop and make it a fun day. When I told her I planned to make this for her I think she felt guilty and said that she had been joking.

So far we have set up two different days to do this and she has had to cancel both days. I am thinking I will just pick something, make it, and just move on. I thought it would be special and fun, but now I don't know.

Mostly when someone asks for a quilt I just consider it a compliment. They have no idea of the time and money it takes and I just figure it's my job to educate them. :-)