View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by okie
I may have missed a step but after reading BlueChicken post are we supposed to attach our sashing as we go?
No.... I'm not doing a normal sashing, mine will be the Storm at Sea setting, which means squares in squares and a LOT more piecing. I don't want to get to the end and have to do all the sashing in one hit, so I'm planning on adding mine as I go to minimise the stress and work.
I had no idea what you were talking about so googled it. OMG Will you be using the triangles with this setting. I just saw one at quiltville but it didn't have the triangles. You must be or you wouldn't have made one, Dah! Answer my own question. Will you set the triangles in the traditional way after you have all the sashings done?
This is the one that inspired me....
http://www.quiltville.com/dearjaneatsea.shtml

I am doing the triangles, the software has calculated the sizes they need to be so it's not so hard.

I'm working on a section of four blocks, have one left to do, that sit next to each other so I can put the sashing in and just see how it looks for peace of mind. I'll post a photo when it's done (should be this afternoon with a bit of luck).