View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Batik Lady

Default Greetings from Arkansas

Hello,

I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. My given name is Raija, but since most people in this part of world have difficulty with it I will be known here as Batik Lady. That name was given to me by my then LQS employees who new my affection to batiks. Maybe it also had something to do with them having difficulty with my name. Though my name is common in Finland where I grew up, it has caused me some grief in the states.

I have been quilting for a little over 20 years, and I love it! I enjoy designing quilt patterns, and finally opened up my web store for it this week! It had been a goal of mine for a long time to make a living by doing what I love and I'm just so excited to have my web store! I also have a computerized longarm that I use to quilt for myself and my customers.

I'm a strong believer of small acts of kindness. It is amazing what a wonderful feeling you get for helping others, and it doesn't have to be a big thing that you do. Whether it is simply opening a door to another person, letting a car turn from a parking lot to the street in front of you, or quilting a quilt for charity, the small acts of kindness tend to reward the giver almost as much as the recipient.

Well, that is enough about me for now. I look forward to meeting you all!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-13-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: pm