Old 09-16-2014, 04:40 PM
peaceandjoy

This thread is interesting to me as I am going to my first major quilt show this weekend (the Mancuso show in Oaks, PA). I've been to several local shows, varying from maybe 100 quilts to over 400. My appreciation for art quilts has grown greatly. Initially I was surprised by how many quilts were not only not perfect, but not any where near perfect. These are not quilts that are being judged, they are there to be enjoyed - not only by the viewer, but by the maker who has put themselves out there and put their work on display. Perhaps they are just starting; perhaps they are learning on their own; perhaps they are growing older and are no longer able to make the stunning pieces that they once did - but they are enjoying what they do. So I've actually become less critical of the quilts and try to appreciate them each for what they offer.

As far as the vendors - I'm not in a place to be able to look at the machines - at least not with an eye to purchase - and don't "need" a thing. I'll be looking for unique fabric, notions not available locally or new to the market.