Old 09-17-2014, 04:23 AM
leighway

Originally Posted by Stashelf View Post
I too was disappointed. The quilts were more modern/art quilts than traditional. The vendors seem to be selling the same things. There were several selling long arm machines and just about everyone had similar fabric. I was surprised at how many quilts were from other countries. I like traditional quilts but the quilts were beautiful. I went to the Medal Of Honor Gala on Saturday, the quilts made for the MOH recipients were on display and they were wonderful. I liked these more than the ones at Chattanooga. (all a matter of personal taste) Chattanooga was well organized, parking was easy, the shuttle came often and the food trucks were great. The free shuttle Chattanooga has that takes you from the Choo-Choo to the river was nice if you hadn't been there before and wanted to see a little bit of the city. Even thou I was disappointed I still enjoyed myself.
I agree with this! The show was less than I would have expected from AQS, however it was a sweet little show. And I do fo for BOTH for the vendors and the quilts. The vendors didn't have much to show though there was an excellent vendor who put out an entire wall of Clover products. It was good to see the entire stock. I was particularly interested in Cherrywood Fabrics and when I found them, the booth was Meh...
the quilts all seemed to be following the latest trend, for instance a couple of years ago everything had heat set crystals. This all seemed to be picture and art quilts. Frankly, the best quilt I saw was a flannel piece down the vendors aisle...a primitive, gorgeous soft tan number.
I will say the venue was terrific, it was easy to get around and the city of Chattanooga is a nice day trip. But, overall it was much better than the usual twice yearly Sewing Expo that comes to Atlanta. So wish we'd have our own Road to California...