View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 10:44 AM
dear1953

Wink Hello from Oklahoma!

Hey ya"ll! I'm Debbie, originally from GA, but both Dad and DH were career USAF so I've moved around a bunch (lived in GA, MT, NY, Bermuda, VA, GA again, MO, MS, Germany, MT again, NE, NM and 28 years here in Oklahoma City, have been here since 1986. Came for DH's last 4 years of military and never left. Hubby Mike and I have been married 42 years.

I'm a librarian and about ready to retire, Dec 31, 2015! 466 days minus vacation, sick leave and holidays and weekends, it is about 225 working days. I'll be 62 next May and we want to take our RV, travel, work at places and see America. That's our goal anyway.

I'm a Mom to 3 grown children - Oldest daughter Amy (41) has 17 year old daughter, Crysta is our only DGD, and a 16 year old son, Cody, our 2nd oldest grandson. She's a single mom and lives close.
Only son, Corey (almost 40) lives in Denver, and he and our DDIL, Lacey, have 2 youngest grandsons, Oli is 4 and Niles is almost 2.

Youngest daughter, Keli (38) lives just around the corner from us. She and our DSIL, Andrew, have 3 boys, oldest grandson Taylor will be 18 on Halloween, then Reily is 12 and Caiden is 8.

I've been sewing almost all my life, it seems, learned to earn a badge in GS and then sewed to make clothes for the girls but didn't start quilting (actually I piece, not quilt) till about 15 years ago and just loved the nonsense some would call it of cutting fabric into pieces and sewing it back together. I think I've made about 30 tops and actually quilted 2 of those. I usually pay someone to do that part BUT I do like to make my own binding, sew it on and then hand stitch it down. I know, I'm strange!