View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 12:06 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Like I told Rodney, I’ve never made a 9-patch quilt block in my life, but put me down for two of them for Miriam. I’m going to use our 1901 Singer 27K2 Combination Handcrank Treadle machine to make them. I have my print fabric strip ready to cut into blocks, and have loaded the machine with coordinating thread to play with the darning/embroidery foot for my muslin signature block. It’s the foot #86294 that I mentioned in another thread that didn’t work too well for FMQ, but may work better for embroidering text. What a great project to give it a whirl on!

I printed out a variety of fonts on printer paper, clamped the paper into a hoop, and practiced following the letters with no thread in the needle yesterday. It went better than I thought it might. I think maybe I can do it, so I’m ready to thread it up and give it a whirl on my muslin today. Did I mention that I’ve never done embroidery of any kind before?

If my experimenting with embroidery text doesn’t turn out, I’ll make the blocks, hand-write the center block, get them sent in, and quit fooling around with the darning foot for now.

CD in Oklahoma
CD - I dug around and found a little foot like the one in your picture but I haven't figured out how to get it onto a machine. What is it suppose to do???