Old 09-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Macybaby

well, it's already a given that I'm a bit off balanced when it comes to sewing machines . . .

Just counting cabinets
2 treadles in the bedroom
1 treadle and one electric in the office
3 electric in the den
4 electric in the dining room converted to quilting room - but you know, with the 12' quilting frame in the middle, you really don't notice the sewing cabinets.
3 treadles and 1 electric in the Library
1 electric in the basement (disassembled, stripped and waiting to be refinished)
2 electric and 5 treadles in the spare bedroom (no bed in there though)
and for the actual sewing room:
9 electric, 1 treadle and 2 card tables, but they are folded and put off to the side.

I have the Ironrite mangle in the laundry room - so no room for a sewing cabinet in there.

that totals 12 treadles and 21 electric cabinets, plus two card tables. Now that doesn't seem so bad. . .

And then - there is this . . . It's not all sewing cabinets - just mostly sewing cabinets.

This is the building we are remaking. This is actually two buildings, and we'll only take down the half on this end (the other half is my Summer Kitchen) It's almost empty now, and we'll take it down to the cement and rebuild it with full height walls. Hopefully what I've got will all fit. We'd be getting more done if it would cool down - we haven't even had a hard frost yet!