Old 10-03-2014, 08:37 PM
SewTexas

Location: I live in the Bay Area, Walnut Creek, California--high population quilt designers, fabric designers,

I realize this is a old post, I would like to comment. I purchased the pattern, "Friends of Baltimore" from the Quakertown (I think was the web page) web page and was very disappointed in the selection as well as the quality of the pattern fabrics. I bought shortly after the pattern was offered. You are also right about the quality of copy, it is not printed straight on the paper, and some areas missing entirely. However, I do like Sue Garman's designs. I wish she would spend more time and pay more attention to details of the patterns, directions I found to be difficult to understand. I am not a beginner and have been quilting, appliquéing, designing clothing, and quilt designs, and sewing for more than 30years. My experience allowed me to make the quilt, but very frustrated because it was near $500 purchase. Also my best friend and neighbor purchased the same quilt kit (block of month) and she received entirely different fabrics than I did, hers we both thought were better selection. I emailed the web page and expressed my comments and did NOT receive a response.