View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Barbm

I haven't been on the board in over a year and came back to see this. I placed myself on a moratorium to get myself to use what I have. The only purchases are to finish a quilt with backing or something I may not have. I do a fair amount of charity quilts for raffles and my only purchases have been just that- some yardage for borders in April and some blenders- why do we always need blenders- where does it go? This Christmas I am making quilts for all my grandchildren, so I bought 3 Frozen panels and some fabric to make my own borders. The other 5 will come from my stash, thank goodness. Need to get some backings I'm sure but hoping I can piece some from the leftovers, although I don't think I will have enough. 18 tubs of fabric and I need to tame the beast that is my sewing room. Just finished a raffle quilt for our car club (totally from stash!) and now I have the itch once again. Forced myself to get some canning done this morning so I can sew tonight. Feels good to be back at it, but the carpel tunnel in my right hand is rearing it's ugly head. Sigh....

Carry on my fellow destashers- maybe we should make an ongoing list of yardages used.