View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Elisabrat

don't worry about your request for civil war fabric. LOTs of people have it and love it so its no big deal at all. also same with the other choices.. what one loves is not unique. there are so many people with so much fabric and so many ideas and quiet often we get stuck in a rut ourselves. We have to do something that is out of the box and its OK. I have done this so many times I cant tell you. And often thought wow this is prettier than I thought it would be and learned a lesson on fabrics. Because it wouldn't fit in your home doesn't mean it wouldn't work well in someone elses. hope that cleared it up rather nicely

Sign ups are via PM to me. ONLY 1.5 days left to do it so get your tail moving! send those PM's.

oh I love pinks! I am such a sucker for the French country look even though my own house is not French country. I love hot pink and white too.. again my house is forest green, burgundy and ivory. talk about boring. when I shop for fabric I see bold prints! and florals and things that are not like my house at all. my fabric display brings out the other side to me I guess. the less conservative and more bold and exciting. I am sure even those who prefer one type of print have many others. We all make gifts for friends and family whose preferences are different than our own. My own daughter prefers only subtle shades of sage and cream for one room and reds and creams for another. my son prefers blues and whites or creams. My last son prefers batiks and bright bold colors. So I get a chance to work with lots of different fabrics and tones. I just made a baby quilt for my nephew. He wanted earth tones, browns and such for his new BABY DAUGHTER. groan! I wanted to make pink and white and maybe a hint of baby yellow ... but no.. had to whip up a true earth tone quilt. They loved it. I figure there is a fabric for every person. Sometimes you just have to search for it