View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 AM
ladysaint

Originally Posted by Rennie
The mug rugs are so cute! I love them all. I am making some small Christmas ones that I ordered the pattern for (in the hoop embroidery) to send in lieu of cards to special people this Christmas. Who doesn't love a mug rug!!!
I may post pictures here - if that is okay - even though they aren't exactly quilted. I am in the swap here, too - my first swap.

My 96 year old Mom lives with us (she is not doing well right now -- why I am up at 3:00 AM) - but I, too, feel blessed to have her here (although she has no interest in my hobby). To those who have lost their Moms, you have my sympathy.

Rene
Rene: where did you get the "in-the-hoop" embroidery pattern? All 3 of the mug rugs I showed are made that way. They are still quilted and I do the binding by hand vs. doing it in the hoop. Gives it that more quilty/homemade feel. Is quilty a word?? LOL I think it is.

Patchesnposies....please join in. Though I have made mug rugs before, this will be my first swap. I am sure whatever you send will be just great. I am very hard on myself as well and I am the one that sees the imperfections, not the others. Jump in girl!