Old 10-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Redsquirrel

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
This one is easy for me as the realization of too many machines slapped me upside the head just last week with the purchase of a brand new Juki JZL Exceed F600 quilting/sewing machine and I also have a new Juki Serger.

Too many vintage machines, supplies, cabinets, tables.

I started buying and refurbishing vintage machines last October. I now have about 40 machines and as Miriam has said waaaaay too many tables and not enough wood cases. I have sewn with many vintage machines and I have found out what I like and don't like.
I am drastically thinning the herd starting this week. I am keeping one of the two VS2 Treadles, Morse 300 Deluxe, the FW, 319W's, Slant O Matics, T & S's, Necchi's ( may sell those later as I am waffling about them) and the New Home Greyhounds plus a few fun odds and ends. Selling most straight stitching machines as one of the things I discovered is I LUV CAMS!!! I love reverse and I love zig zags and auto buttonholes. I found out Hubby and I also prefer lighter weight machines so the heavy ones are outta here too. Selling the 99K, The 15-91's, the Pfaff 131 and so on and so forth.

It has been a blast learning all about the vintage machines and meeting the people here. I now have two wonderful real life friends from this forum and I have had a blast gathering a small collection of machines but I am anxious to get into quilting/sewing with my friends and using my new machines, taking classes with my beautiful little blushing celery featherweight and freeing up the closets and drawers of many many boxes of buttonholers and accessories gleaned from the thrift stores. I will be happy to get my space back and I can't wait to be free of endless vintage sewing machine to do's, which will now be showing off my small collection and using them in rotation through out the year for small projects. Getting back into my glass studio is tops on the to do list now.

This will always be my go to forum for anything vintage sewing machine and I still have many machines in different stages of repair that I need to finish or sell as is... What a wealth of info here. Thank you all for helping me to explore a new craft/hobby and being so helpful.

Hubby and I learned so much and we had such fun...never did score a penguin foot though.
Lorraine

Great post Lorraine, you've basically figured out the best things and the worst things about this whole situation, and now you have goals and a positive outlook for your future. Love this.