Old 10-11-2014, 08:20 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 5

With what you made in week 2 and week 4, you now have 20 each of 4 different combinations of blocks. I hope I didn't miss any incorrect blocks when they were posted. Please double check that you only use 2 of each of the 4 fabrics in the different combinations.

Put the 4 piles of 4-1/2” squares in front of you. Before sewing anything together, look at the picture showing how I pressed my seams so that there was as little overlap as possible. Repress if necessary from when you made the blocks.

Lay them out in sets as you can see in the top of the first picture - these are the finished blocks. I have labeled my colors with my fabric codes so you will more easily keep track of the order in which these blocks will be sewn together. Use accurate 1/4'' seams (I did a scant seam because my 1/4'' foot seems to be a skosh generous) to make sure your blocks end up being 8-1/2” square. You will have 20 each of two different HST patch blocks combinations.

The top row shows the 2 different finished blocks. Looking at the set of blocks in the bottom row, you will see that I have sewn the top halves together, then sewn the bottom halves together and pressed seams to they face in opposite directions.

I know this is not a lot to do, but if I combined it with next week, it woud be too much. So, rest easy, have a nice gentle week, time to gossip and catch up in the club car over goodies and a beverage, and I will check in as soon as I get my new batch of apple butter in the canner. It has been in the slow cooker overnight and smells delicious. Breakfast will be toast and apple butter for all of us, as I left a big jar of the new batch in the club car, along with some fresh bagels.

Next week, #6, is the big reveal, or what I think will happen. It may be the end of the mystery for some of the parts, as you will have too many elements that LOOK as if they MAY go together. (hee hee this is getting fun.) Week 6 will be getting ready for the big finish on Oct. 25th. Lots of assembly on week 7. Don’t forget to mark your calendar that we will have the final clues on Oct. 25th instead of Nov. 1st.
Attached Thumbnails week-5-copy.jpg