View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 09:18 AM
vanginney

Default It happened again...

About 2 yrs ago I had a CL ad up - for buying, and fixing old sewing machines. A guy called and said he had an old singer that no one wanted at his garage sale. Could I swing by his place and pick it up from his girlfriend. She handed me a little broken mint green box! I was in shock.

Then yesterday, I was walking with my little boy in the neighbourhood early morning, while a lady was hanging up a garage sale sign. I asked my standard questions 'any guitars or sewing machines?' She said she had some sewing machines for $25!

I went there immediately & saw the little blk box with $150 on it. I opened it up and it was jammed to the top with accessories (zigzager, buttonholer). A bit pricey but I had just gotten pd so I bought it.

I carried it home and unpacked it and there was a 222 inside! The only thing it's missing is the embroidery hoop. The darning foot is even there. Anyone willing to sell the hoop?

Im in shock! Stars aligned twice or my city is saturated with 221 & 222s. Our city did have a singer store downtown for eons.

Last edited by vanginney; 10-11-2014 at 09:36 AM.