Old 10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I doubt you will get the days you want to work. A new hire may not get days and will have to work weekends and Holidays. To get out of your seclusion and raise your spirits check into local volunteer spots in your community. There are many volunteer spots to fit every interest. Court, library, art center, and museum are my favorite volunteer places.
I agree with onebyone...not that I have anything against working at Walmart, but if it's getting out you want and need, there are so many interesting places to look. Even the library and schools. How about forming a quilting group so you can be with people of like interests. Although walmart would be a good place to work if you needed the money, you will be "starting at the bottom" of the totem pole and working odd hours and doing odd jobs.

P.S. And you may spend all or more than your pay check on merchandise you see there. After I retired, I taught a couple of classes at the local Hancock. I still have unused fabric sitting here from what I purchased while I was teaching that one class per week. I got wise quickly and quit that "job." I was spending more than I was earning.

Last edited by GailG; 10-14-2014 at 12:13 PM.