Old 10-16-2014, 05:19 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by nakotha View Post
Hello all!
2 weeks ago i was sorting my stash. Still it is not perfect. Still my sewing room is not perfect

But i added a box, where I will start to collect all little fabric leftover I produce. You know, this little pieces that are too small to make something with them. They will be good enough to fill a rag doll that I make every now and then. Or pin cushions ... stuff like this.

Please don't call me stingy. But many things in life cost so much money. And sometimes little things can save a penny. This is my devise, haha

Please, what YOU do with your leftover fabric trash? Maybe one day I realise that i made enough dolls and cushions. I am open for more ideas, because I already see that I maybe need to hurry up, so this trash box will not be overloaded ... like my sewingroom ... haha
The first thing to do is to sew them all together and "create" fabric. I have seen some beautiful stuff on this board. Anything more than 1/2 inch wide gets 1/8 inch seams. Make a whole quilt top with that stuff and you'd be surprised how nice it looks.
After that, what's left can go into pet beds or floor mats. I especially like the pockets idea. Not too many in a pocket though, so that it will dry faster. Make pocketed mats for animals, babies, picnics, cars, you name it. If you don't like the washing thing, make a removable cover. Sometimes you can get scrap/ripped-out zippers for such things for little or nothing.

And don't put too many scraps out for the birds. Vets say that could give the baby birds pneumonia because the scraps don't dry as fast as natural material.
Have fun using up your scraps.