View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 AM
MizMelly

Ok, I admit it. You should see the mess I make when I do paper piecing! I need to keep a garbage can next to the machine because of the large amount of little tiny scraps that I produce! And I make lots of mistakes too. This is why I like to keep a nice sharp seam ripper at hand. I've been challenging myself to do more complex paper pieced blocks. I purchase from Indie designers (bless them!), and some do not code their blocks for fabric colors, so you have to wing it by constantly referring to the color photo. My squirrel from last month is an example. The photo I took wasn't that good because it did not show the colors correctly. But I know what I messed up on. Hopefully no one else could tell! (and I won't either!).
But thank you for the ego boost, Linda!! This is why I love these swaps (not for stroking my ego, although that helps!). It's actually pushed me out of my comfort zone to take on challenges that I never would have considered in the past.
That being said, are we going to do a November mini swap, Teresa?? (I already have a pattern and just bought fabric for one!!).