View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Gramie bj

Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
I am getting ready to purchase either the 8200 or the 8900. I've looked at Janome's charts and I'm having a hard time determining just what I will get for the approx.$500 price difference. I know about the extension table (around $150 on line), the larger foot control ($89 from Janome) and the extra stitches. I've never uses all the stitches on my 6500 and the serpentine stitch I really want is on both machines. I'm having a hard time finding a dealer who has both machines in stock so that I can really compare them. What makes the 8900 the one to purchase?
I have tried both, and it may just be my imagination, but the satin stich and a couple of others seemed to be smoother on the 8900. I like the extra rom under the harp too. Sherol, I only put out the money after I have driven the machine that will go home with me. We have a great dealer in Wenatchee that is very willing to answer all questions about his competitors, and his own brands telling both the good and not so good about them all.