Old 11-08-2014, 06:37 AM
shake_n_bake

Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Years (and years) ago I bought a Rival crock pot that came with a small recipe book. In it was a recipe for beef stew. You coated the meat in flour and browned it first before putting it in the pot, then added some water to the pan and scraped together all the bits left in the pan and added them to the pot, along with vegetables (I don't think potatoes were included), canned tomatoes and a bay leaf.

My DH loved that stew and I have lost the recipe. Sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to have it if you've got it.
EASY CROCK POT STEW RECIPE

This is a really easy recipe with just a few ingredients for a really delicious tasting beef stew.

Ingredients:

-4 medium-sized red potatoes
-1 to 1/2 lbs. of beef stewing meat
-1/3 cup of flour
-salt and pepper [to taste]
-one 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes [undrained]
-2 cups of water
-3 cups [in total] of frozen stir fry bell peppers and onion

Here you go: First scrub the potatoes and proceed to cut each one into quarters. Place the cut up potatoes in the bottom of your Crock Pot. Then mix the flour, salt and pepper and toss with the beef to make sure the beef is well coated. Add to your Crock Pot. Next, add the undrained tomatoes and water and stir them in. Cover the Crockpot and cook it on the low setting for about seven to eight hours until the beef and potatoes are at the desired tenderness. Add the stir fry vegetables. Now cover and cook it on the low setting for thirty to forty minutes until the vegetables are nice and tender. This should end up making you about four to six servings