Old 11-12-2014, 05:08 PM
onaemtnest

Default 4.5" Unfinished Blocks On Point Need Help Learning How to Piece

I don't know how to sew blocks into diagonal rows so they will be on point.

When I first started quilting I joined a swap making blocks for a "Brenna's Heart Quilt". https://www.flickr.com/photos/18611488@N00/2401312887/

The blocks are all set on point.

I have the Creative Grids Mini Side Setting Triangle ruler and I can follow instructions on how to make the side triangles and corner triangles.

I have all the swap blocks but no pattern/instructions to tell me how to set these blocks on the diagonal to make the appearance of a heart block.

I think like the example in the link I want to sash all the blocks in black. (What size sash would you suggest?) They are 4.5" unfinished and I'm sure as with all swaps, some of the blocks won't measure 4.5" but as you can see it is a simple block, I can square to size or if not big enough, I can easily make more as the swap was scrappy.

I just don't know how to sew these blocks on the diagonal. I've looked and looked for a video online or a grid pattern to show how sew diagonal rows.

I pulled some of the blocks out of the swap to show an example of what is in the swap bags I received in the swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498649[/ATTACH]

I feel like such a dunce, I should know how to do this, and I've probably made it harder than it really is but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Attached Thumbnails 2014_0026image0030.jpg