View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Pagzz

Well perhaps my comment will be construed as throwing gas on a fire but I do want to comment.

It is personal choice. Also, there seems to be agreement that there should be a separate category for computerized quilting. I completely agree. Additionally if I were quilting for a livelihood I think having one machine to crank out pantos by computer would be a good time saver.

Where I take issue are the posts about how hard it is to use the computerized systems. I get it. I am sure that it is a lot of work. IMHO it does not compare to someone who has learned to free motion, has practiced and learned to draw motifs, someone who is constantly trying new fills or designs and figuring out the path to do it in a continuous motion as much as possible.

I have learned to use a word processing program but that does not make me a writer.

Another point I take issue with is people who are complaining that it is like comparing paper piecing to regular patchwork. No, it isn’t. Your sewing machine doesn’t have a stitch that robotically follows your instructions and paper pieces in quantities after you set it to go.