View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Originally Posted by bplipschitz View Post
Well, I got "working, uninspected" running last night ("work-in-progress" remains, uh, WIP). It's a 1951 Pfaff 130, complete with portable case and metal (as opposed to bakelite) knobs. Got the ZZ selector unfrozen, got it to sew a few stitches. Only *real* issue with this machine is the fact that the bobbin case lever is broken, but that's not a biggie.

A few minor adjustments with thread tension, and it was cranking away just fine. It seems to sew better at max speed than at really slow speeds (in terms of missed stitches, etc.).

This is going to be fun.[ATTACH=CONFIG]498795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]498796[/ATTACH]
Hey, yours is just like mine! I have a 1951 Pfaff 130 with too. Your stitching is coming out better than mine is though. Mine has been a WIP for a long time. Mine started out 90% frozen and missing a cord, a belt, and a foot controller. When I want to feel especially frustrated I put in more time working on it. Last time around, I was testing out the stitching now that everything is moving correctly. Even though the needle moves left and right, my zig zag stitch is coming out straight. grr. If you figure out what is causing the skipped stitches let me know!