View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 01:52 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Miriam, thanks for the wonderful pictures and story of your mother's machine. You really need to put this all in a little photo album with the pictures and story to keep with her machine. And keep a copy of it yourself in case her copy gets misplaced. What a wonderful machine and mother you have there. If you will send me your address in a PM, I'll gladly send you a little crocheted spool pin cosie to use in place of that little red felt thing that goes under the spool of thread. If there is a special color she'd like, let me know.

Hobo2000, you also need to write up the story of your machine and grandmother to put with the machine. It is a special story that goes with a special machine, and if you don't do it, the machine won't have it's voice. If you would like of of the crocheted spool pin cosies, I'll send you one too.

Thanks again to the both of you for sharing your special stories of your machine. I just wish I knew the stories of mine. I can start from here and tell what I do know about them from here on.
I tat my machine cozies. I'm giving a short demo on tatting this week, and am thinking of giving a cozy to anyone who has a FW or a 301 like mine. One could also be given to the person who has the oldest machine. This demo has nothing to do with sewing, but when I heard about these cute little cozies for under the spool, it just gave me an idea.
I'll trade you. I'll send you one of mine if you send me one of yours. ? ? ? ? PM me if you wish.