View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Nanamoms

Originally Posted by Olectra View Post
I am new to sewing, quilting and embroidery and have learned A LOT in the last few months. I have made two quilts (among other things) and hand embroidered the labels for them. I am pretty proud of them... Not too bad for a novice. IMO : )

My husband surprised me with a Brother PE-770 last week and I am really excited to play with it. Oh, I have tested out some of the presets, but I really want to make my own Designs. Does anyone have any suggestions on an embroidery or a digitizing software? I have been trying to do some research online, but it is extremely overwhelming and have only managed to confuse myself. LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I have spent the last two hours reading this thread hoping to find the information, but it is 289 pages long... 289!! I only scratched the surface. 😊
Don't know if you have "found" all your answers! LOL Here is a great site to learn all about embroidering on different fabrics, what needle to use, what stabilizer to use, etc. www.embrlibrary.com I printed out the articles on put them in a binder to refer to.

Digitizing software is a whole other world. You can spend hours and hours learning it. I would suggest learning your machine first doing some built in designs or download from sites on internet. Get a feel for the different types of fabric, blank embroidery items, etc. That is a learning curve in itself.

Good luck...you will become addicted and want to embroider anything not nailed down in your house!!